IN-HOUSE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
Our address for a complaint if you wish to send a letter is:
I G Property
22 High Petergate
If the complaint is of a sensitive nature or related to a specific member of staff please mark this Private and Confidential, and address it to Mrs Katherine Teasdale, General Manager.
What will happen next?
- The grievance will be acknowledged in writing within 3 working days.
- The complaint will be investigated thoroughly by a manager, who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you.
- A formal written outcome of the complaint will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter. If we require longer than this timescale we will advise you in writing and confirm our revised response date.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
If you remain dissatisfied, you can then contact The Property Ombudsman to request an independent review:
The Property Ombudsman Ltd
43-45 Milford Street
01722 333 306
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.