WHO ARE I G PROPERTY?
Ian Furby, COMPANY DIRECTOR
I G Property is headed up by hands on director Ian Furby. As an experienced landlord with more than 32 years of successful Property Management know how, he offers a reliable, knowledgeable service you can trust. Ian is warm, friendly and approachable, he is a born leader and ensures great service is always at the forefront of the business.
Ian is born and bred in Yorkshire, with a fantastic knowledge of the area. He is always on hand to offer support and advice to landlords, be it where to buy, how to maximise yields, advice on developing properties or general day to day queries. His proactive and driven attitude to the business has lead I G Property to be the Leading Student Lettings Agency in York.
IAN PROUDLY PRESENTS HIS TEAM…
Katherine Teasdale, GENERAL MANAGER
- Kind, caring and supportive, Katherine enjoys looking after both the team and clients
- With 17 years experience in Lettings, 15 of which at I G Property, Katherine is an extremely dedicated manager with a wealth of knowledge of the field.
- SafeAgent Qualified status and a Diploma in Residential Lettings & Management, Katherine ensures best practices are adhered to
- Spending her whole life in Yorkshire, Katherine is originally from just north of York, and has spent time at University living in Sheffield and Harrogate, and returned to her home town in 2002.
- Dedicated to the continued Professional Development of the whole team.
- Katherine is really into films and music, and loves nothing better than a Netflix binge on a weekend.
- With a young son and family, Katherine enjoys spending time socialising with friends and extended family members.
Amy Gascoyne, LETTINGS MANAGER
- A graduate of the University of York, Amy has first-hand experience within the student market.
- 4 years within the Lettings Team
- From a customer service background, she’s keen to provide exemplary service to landlords and students alike.
- With a key interest in boosting the efficiency and productivity of our company, Amy offers a dynamism essential to her role.
Whilst not originally from York, after moving here for University Amy loved it so much that she decided to become a permanent resident and currently spends her free time renovating her new house.
Sarah Foster, ACCOUNTS MANAGER (& Poppy!)
- Sarah has over 20 years working in finance, with 7 of these years at I G Property.
- Born and bred in Yorkshire.
- First Aid Trained.
- Meticulous to ensure the company is up to date registrations with Professional bodies.
- Dedication and perseverance enable Sarah’s impressive record for obtaining rent due.
- Poppy is Sarah’s rescue dog, is 8 years old and enjoys long walks and eating (as does Sarah!)
- Poppy spends time in the office with us all, and unless she is barking at people with hi-vis jackets or hats on, is very placid and spends her time sleeping under Sarah’s desk.
Ellie Furby, MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Ellie started at I G Property as a temp in her teens and has worked her way up within the company, her role maturing as she did, to achieve her current role as Maintenance and Operations Manager.
- Throughout her time with us, Ellie has worked in multiple departments which has allowed her to develop a vast and diversified knowledge of the industry.
- Working closely with Landlords and Contractors in relation to property improvement and development is where Ellie thrives.
- A graduate of Northumbria University, Ellie earned a degree in Business Management.
- Ellie was raised in a small village just outside the York city limits and other than spending some time in Newcastle for University, Ellie has spent her whole life living within and around our beautiful city.
- As a self-proclaimed book-worm, Ellie spends a lot of her time outside of work with her nose stuck in a book. When she can drag herself away from that, Ellie loves being with Family and Friends in whatever capacity possible, even if that is on a video call.
Trish McCurrie, SENIOR MAINTENANCE CO-ORDINATOR
- Trish has experience in the property sector in both South Africa and the UK, totalling 22 years of knowledge and expertise.
- Having grown up in Africa, Trish moved to the UK a few years ago with her family, and has now made our amazing city her home.
- Trish is principled and dedicated, and has been a much-valued member of our team for the past 2 years.
- With first-hand experience of renting in York, Trish is well-versed in the local rental market and the expectations of tenants.
- With her friendly and caring manner Trish has built strong relationships with Tenants, Landlords and Contractors alike.
- Outside of work, Trish has an appetite for travel and appreciates the outdoors. She especially enjoys time spent with her grown up children and other family members.
Lucy Castree, MAINTENANCE CO-ORDINATOR
- With over 9 years of experience working in hospitality, Lucy is an excellent team player, with a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- Lucy is a great listener, she is very approachable, reliable and resourceful.
- As a new mum, Lucy is extremely well organised, caring and efficient.
- Originally from Bristol, Lucy has now lived in York for 3 1/2 years, and has recently settled in the Sherburn in Elmet area.
- Lucy enjoys spending time as a family and going for walks with her dog Alfie
Erin Smart, MAINTENANCE CO-ORDINATOR
- A new addition to our team, bringing fresh ideas and lots of enthusiasm for the role.
- Coming from a background in retail and customer service, Erin is calm under pressure, friendly and professional.
- With a passion for property, Erin enjoys looking at how to get the most from your house, and is currently renovating the property she lives in.
Erin was born in Yorkshire, has grown up in small villages around York and has a great knowledge of the local area.
- With family living in the South of England, Erin frequently travels up and down the country and has a love of exploring new places and visiting different countries. Erin hopes to become a lot more well travelled in the future.
- Erin is a very sociable and outgoing person who loves to spend time with family and friends in her free time.
Kyme Walker-Turner, MAINTENANCE CO-ORDINATOR
- We welcome the newest member of our team.
- Specialising in customer service but with a management background his organisation skills and motivation make Kyme a fantastic addition to the team.
- Kyme has a degree in History and Politics, which he gained at The University of York.
- Kyme is originally from Hull and is a keen Hull City fan.
- As an avid photographer working with 35mm and medium format photographic film with over 6 years’ experience in the medium, Kyme has an eye for detail.
- He previously hitchhiked from Croatia back to the UK in aid of the Link International charity, the money he raised went to education facilities in East Africa.
Sam Wadsworth, MAINTENANCE WORKER
- Our current tenants will be most familiar with Sam, our Maintenance worker who has been with us for coming on 3 years now.
- Sam is a dedicated employee with I G Property who always strives to complete any and all reported jobs to the best of his ability.
- Having lived in and around Yorkshire for the majority of his life, Sam is well-versed in all the amazing things this city and county have to offer.
- Before starting his career in property maintenance, Sam was a member of the Parachute Regiment in the British armed forces for 7 years.
- A family man with a big heart, Sam has been involved in great charity work, including the Big Sleep out, raising money and awareness for SASH.
- Sam also spends as much of his free time as possible in nature, whether hiking, camping or gardening, he loves it all!
Emily Wright, LETTINGS NEGOTIATOR
- Emily is an English Literature Graduate of York St John University with experience renting as a student, including through I G Property!
- From a customer service background, formally through hospitality and retail, but for the last 3.5 years these skills have been put to great use with us.
- Another member of the team who has spent her whole life living in Yorkshire, making the wonderful city of York her home over 8 years ago.
- Emily has a keen interest in further educating herself on current affairs and advocating for people and causes that speak to her personal core values, such as LGBTQ+ rights, Racial Equality and Gender Equality.
- As a true crime and horror fanatic, Emily is our resident know-it-all for all the things that go bump in the night.
Katie Lee-Brown, LETTINGS NEGOTIATOR
- Always the first to volunteer Katie goes the extra mile and throws herself into everything she does.
- Vibrant and enthusiastic, with a heavy focus on building strong relationships with students and landlords.
- Always aiming to be funny and ensure people see the brighter side of life; whether that be over the phone, across email or out and about at viewings.
- A graduate of York St. John University; Katie understands the ever-growing demands of student rental needs.
Katie is a proud dog mum to her Westie, Lily. In her spare time, they go for plenty of adventures in and around Yorkshire.
- Katie aims to help and assist wherever she can, no matter the job, she will try her utmost to get things done to a high standard.