A few reminders for all tenants who will be leaving their property empty over Christmas.
- Please leave your boilers turned on.
- We advise that you leave them coming on for 1-2 hours a day at around 14°C to ensure that your pipes do not freeze whilst you are away.
- If your rent includes bills, please could you ensure you change your boilers as above please. Unfortunately, if boilers are left on 24/7 whilst you are away and you are heating an empty property, this would use a lot of energy unnecessarily, and it could cause you to go over your usage allowance, see more details here.
Secure your property
- Please remember to lock all doors and windows when you leave for the Christmas break, and make sure the property is fully secured.
- It would be a good idea to leave some lights on timers so the property does not look empty.
Please let us know
- If you are all planning on leaving the property for Christmas, please let us know.
- We are hoping to pop round to check all managed properties shortly and will come in when your house is empty if possible.