This is the privacy notice of I G Property. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to I G Property.
Here at I G Property we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your tenancy and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. Your details will not be sold to any third parties.
By providing us with your contact details on our website, you are confirming you are happy for us to use your contact details in order to confirm and book a viewing with I G Property.
We will contact you to confirm the viewing, to confirm the meeting point and will follow up to ask for feedback on the viewing.
We will also contact you should we need to make any amendments to your viewing.
Your details will not be shared with anyone else, other than with people employed by I G Property.
If you subsequently sign for a property with us, we may use the details you gave us for your viewing in order to contact you about this property.
I G Property is required to hold your contact details as part of the tenancy agreement including deposit protection [GDPR Regulation Article 6 (1) (b) (c)]. This information is stored in a property software programme called Jupix and you will input your details onto Sturents portal who prepare and store your web based tenancy agreement. We only have access to the Sturents web portal for tenants and guarantors of I G Property. We do not have access to any financial information held by Sturents.
Your personal details will not be shared with any third party other than:
- Sturents – who manage the web portal for preparation of the tenancy agreement. Their privacy notice can be viewed here: https://sturents.com/legal/privacycookie
- My Deposits – who protect your deposit during your tenancy. Their privacy notice can be viewed here: https://www.mydeposits.co.uk/privacy/
- External contractors – when you report a maintenance issue during your tenancy you will be asked to provide consent for the contractor to contact you directly at the point of making the request. They will not hold your personal details longer than is necessary to complete the job.
The day to day maintenance is managed by Fixflo. Their privacy notice can be viewed here: https://www.fixflo.com/cookie-policy/
- Others – if we are required to pass on your details to any third party during your tenancy we will obtain your consent before doing so.
Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us at 22 High Petergate, York, YO1 7EH. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Removal of your information
Data which is not required to be kept by law will be erased within the time scales below or before that time at the request of any individual who requests erasure, subject to GDPR Regulation Article 6 (1) (b) (c).
After the end of any tenancy an individual may submit a written request to have their data removed. Data will be deleted within 1 month of receiving such a request excluding any data required to be held by law. Data will be erased from the following places (this list is not exhaustive and if data is held in any other places it will be deleted):
Tenant information will be held for up to 7 years after the end of the tenancy on the following sites:
- Jupix (CRM) database
- Sturents portal
- My Deposits
- Tenancy Agreement
Tenant information will be held for up to 12 months after the end of the tenancy on the following sites:
- I G Property website
- Tenant Shop
Guarantor information will be removed 12 months after the end of the tenancy to which the rent guarantee relates unless there is outstanding rent at that time.
We will only use your personal information to administer the tenancy/ies on your house/s and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will not pass on or sell your personal data to any third parties without your explicit consent.
I G Property will keep your contact details on Jupix, our CRM platform, and other web management sites for the purpose of:
- Marketing your property/ies
- Maintenance – we use Fixflo and may contact you through this platform in relation to the property/ies we market and manage on your behalf
- For landlords who manage their own property/ies we will pass your contact details to tenants
- Preparing tenancy information and deposit protection
- Informing utility providers and City of York Council that you are the landlord
- Any other essential requirements in relation to the management of your property/ies
Right of Access to Your Data
You have a right of access to your data held by I G Property and this data will be made available to you when asked.
I G Property will prepare and send the data within one calendar month of receiving the request.
The data will be sent by one of the following methods:
- To the email address held on the records being sent -providing I G Property
are confident the email was generated by the person requesting the information, by reply to that email requesting the data. Further evidence will usually be requested.
- In person with photographic I D such as passport of driving licence
- By post to an address held on the records being sent eg guarantor’s address
If the same information is requested more than three times in any 6 month period by any individual I G Property reserve the right to charge £10 per request thereafter.
Right to Rectification
If data held on an individual is found to be incorrect, I G Property will work with that individual to ensure that the data is amended to the correct version
Right to Data Portability
If any individual asks for their data to be transferred to themselves or a third party it will be sent in an excel spreadsheet unless otherwise requested by that individual
Right to Object
I G Property respects the right of any individual who wishes to object to their data being stored and will work with that individual to explain the reasons for the data being held and if requested erase that data if it not lawfully required to be held.
In the event of a data breach the following process will be followed:
- Identify data held in the area ofthe breach
- Establish what data has been disclosed
- Determine the harmful effect of the disclosure on individuals
- Contact all individuals whose data has been breached informing them of the data
which has been lost, hacked or stolen and the date the breach happened.
Cookies on the website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
Sale of your personal information
We do not rent or sell any of your information to any person outside our business.
Data may be “processed” outside the UK
Our web site is hosted in the EU. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within the UK may be “processed” outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.